Monday, October 02, 2006


CrossRoads Fall Picnic




After lots of planning and help from Maki and others
it has been a joy to start putting on more activities
for our young adults. As you know, I have had a vision
for getting more natural opportunities for ministries
outside of events at our building. The purpose is to
love people where they are at and show them the love of
Christ as we do things together. Praise God that many
other friends seem to be feeling the need for the same
things!

On Sept. 23 we had a little fall picnic, which God
blessed with great weather and several not-yet Christians
whom we were happy to see enjoy the day with us.
A personal highlight for me was the nice game of touch
football and of course the opportunity to get
to know one of the guys (Yuzo) a little bit better.



On the 26th, Maki and I had the privilege of teaming up
to give the bi-lingual message at CrossRoads Chapel. I
shared my testimony (which is recorded below for you - It
should be coming to Ogata's podcast soon also) and
afterwards I was able to talk to Yuzo who had some questions.
God seemed to use this story (really the story of HIS work
in my life) to speak into several people's hearts. May He
continue to be seen as wonderful and full of grace in everything
we do. Through this we can rejoice even when we struggle or even
when we mess up. God uses all of this to show His greatness,
mercy and love. To God alone be all the glory - Alleluia!

"I will say to the north, 'Give them up!' And to the south,
'Do not hold them back.' Bring my sons from afar, and my
daughters from the ends of the earth, everyone who is called
by My name, and whom I have created for My glory,"
- Isaiah 43:6-7

No comments: