Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Maki's B-day

As some of you know, I do not like sushi.
My first experience, while I was still sick with
jet-lag, probably didn't help matters.

Maki, on the other hand, loves sushi. Therefore,
it was inevitable that for Maki's birthday she would
want to go to her favorite sushi restaurant!



Here was the bevy of treats that Maki picked out.



Here she is living it up sushi style!



I was eyeing the cantelope, which is a rare treat in Japan!



I had to let it go, but not without regret. :)



In the end I settled on some "chowan mushi" and a some fabulous soba.



After our splendid meal, we traveled to a worship night in Osaka. Very refreshing.
Maki had a good birthday, even though she ended up not feeling well the next day. I won't say it was the sushi!

No comments: