Monday, March 23, 2009

Discipleship Training

Okay, I am only half joking.  I feel that spending time with these precious kids of ours is one of the best things I can do both now and for the future of Japan.  Mainly through my close relationships with my wife and boys can they know Christ.  And mainly through my relationships with my wife and boys can others around me see Christ.  The marriage relationship and the parent-child relationship are the key analogies we can use to personally show what kind of God our God is to each other and to the world.  It is wonderful to do work simply by taking time to really love your family.

 One song that relates to this and that has been deep in my heart lately is called, "Love Grows Love", by Caedmon's Call.  Here is how part of it goes:

"I fell in love with you/ and that love became something new/ it keeps getting stronger/ than we ever could have longed/ love keeps growing more love/ When we got the news/ we had to call our families/ and start painting the room/ a nice bright blue/ Our vows they started breathing/ and they took on flesh and blood/ and we held them in our arms/ and tasted God was good/ I fell in love with you/ and that love became something new/ It added a name and it added a smile/ it keeps getting bigger every further mile/ There on your bended knee/ we sewed the seeds of our history/ They're coming up stronger/ than we ever could have longed/ love keeps growing more love..." 

May the Lord be pleased to use our love to grow even more love.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

great reminder for me brother ... thanks for the words and the pics of your two boys. Keep loving em!

Jaime said...

I think I finally figured out how to comment on your blog! It's never let me before, but I'm going to give it another shot! The boys look so cute! I wish I could pick them both up and give them big hugs and kisses! We miss you guys!!
Jaime

M&M in Japan said...

Your comment came through, Jaime! I have decided to view comments before they appear... I promise I won't reject what you write!
Oh, and I'll keep the pictures coming!