Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Best Way to Memorize Bible Verses with Your Kids
Phil Downer:
The best teacher is one who can share his mistakes and struggles...
I can talk with my kids about memorizing verses, but the most effective way to encourage them to learn verses is to hand them my verses, written on 3x5 cards, and ask them to quiz me on the verses I am trying to learn. As I stumble over them and have to rememorize and review them, not only do they see that I struggle with memory work, but also how important it is to me to struggle through the process of memorizing Scripture. And sometimes, as they help me learn the verse, they begin to get it too. Most importantly, they are learning that there is no shortcut to obedience. Memorization, like other godly endeavors, takes hard work.

No comments: